Since 2014, the organization has held an annual 360º Experience, a fundraiser that allows community and business leaders to experience ﬁrst-hand what homelessness is like for youth by spending a night on the streets. For ﬁve years, Brown & Cohen kept the story fresh to ensure repeat coverage to increase awareness of the organization, the issue and the event.
360º kids is a not-for-profit agency based in York Region, Ontario that provides programming, short-term and interim shelter to at-risk youth.
BROWN & COHEN SOLUTION
- Profiled the issues that contribute to youth homelessness.
- Integrated media into the event from participation on the overnight 360º Experience, to securing morning-of live radio coverage and on-site weather reports.
- Leveraged the involvement of participants such as the police chief, retired fire chief, the organization’s board members and government representatives.
- Wrote Huffington Post series of articles with first-hand stories from event participants, field experts and youth who have lived on the streets.
- Each year, the organization met its fundraising and awareness goals.
- The coverage lead late-night newscasts, and segments were repeated multiple times on the two most-watched morning shows. Coverage appeared, often multiple times, on CBC, CTV, CityNews, CP24, Breakfast Television, Global News, Hufﬁngton Post, 680 News, TSN, Metro Morning and Richmond Hill Liberal.
- More than 60 pieces of coverage of the organization and issues related to youth homelessness was secured on local, regional and national online media outlets, with impressions exceeding 25 million.
- The quality and breadth of pieces made the coverage stand out. Each piece played a critical role in helping shine a light on important issues that do not normally receive attention.