Provisus Wealth Management / Transcend
Objective: Generate awareness of a hard to explain product offering; Educate the Canadian consumer (and influencer group) on an unfamiliar, first-ever concept; Impact lead generation understanding when no other marketing/business development activities were in place to provide additional support to PR In addition to raising profile of Provisus Wealth Management, Brown & Cohen was tasked with helping to launch Transcend and using PR and social media to kick-start sales.
Provisus Wealth Management is a business-to-business provider of investment solutions to financial advisors. The company manages $400 million in private client assets and has been on the Canadian Profit 500 list for three years in a row.
BROWN & COHEN SOLUTION
- Developed key messages including simplified language to explain the financial fee structure.
Several weeks were spent on simplifying the message and breaking down the business concept
for consumers to easily understand the investment alternative.
- Visual aids were developed and select journalists, covering the financial industry were asked for
input on determining if the new messaging was clear. The material is now a primary
communication tool for attracting investors.
- Designed a new website geared at targeting prospective clients with attention grabbing, easy-to-understand messages. The website also had data capturing features to serve as a lead
- Developed a monthly blog to add thought leadership and improve website performance.
- Ongoing media relations to build relationships with investment and personal finance trade and
mainstream media. This included ongoing dialogue with a top financial reporter, Rob Carrick of
the Globe and Mail.
- Daily social media support designed to drive traffic to the website, connect with potential
investors and referral sources and make Pay-for-Performance™ an understood term in Canada.
- Clear communication tools (messages, websites, flow charts, videos, etc.) and a common language used by all company spokespersons.
- Full page feature story in the Globe and Mail both online and in the printed Saturday investment section. The coverage subsequently lead to an influx of customer inquiries and over 800 hits to the website.
- Coverage in all financial Canadian trade magazines (Advisor Perspective; Canadian Wealth Management, etc.).
- Additional mainstream coverage included a feature podcast with CEO Chris Ambridge and Jessica Moorhouse, a prominent Canadian financial blogger.
- A robust social media presence that continues to grow and connect with online influencers and leverage media relations efforts online to build brand awareness. Social media is also a key driver of referral traffic to the website.